CHILDREN’S RIGHTS TRAINING
Neath Port Talbot Children’s Rights Unit deliver training sessions to develop individuals understanding of children’s rights. Children’s rights can only be respected and protected if all professionals working with children and young people have an understanding of the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and how to take a child rights approach in their work.
Target Audience: Anyone working with children and young people in Neath Port Talbot including public, private and voluntary organisations.
Our standard Children’s Rights Training Packages are:
1. Introduction to Children’s Rights – ½ day
2. Introduction to Children’s Rights – Twilight (2 hours)
3. A Children’s Rights Approach – Full day
Aim of training: To develop an understanding of child rights and how to apply a child rights approach in practice.
- Increase understanding of the UNCRC and the international human rights framework,
- Increase knowledge of policy and legislation surrounding child rights in Wales and the UK,
- Develop understanding of child rights approach in practice,
- To encourage debate on the importance of children’s rights.
4. Tailor-made, in-house training courses designed to address the needs of your organisation.
Aim of Training: To develop an understanding of child rights and how to apply a child rights approach in practice.
- Increase understanding of the relevance of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Rights of Children and Young Person’s Measure (Wales) 2011,
- Understand the relevance of children’s rights for your organisation and work,
- How to use a human rights framework to improve decision-making and service-delivery for children,
- Raise awareness of your organisation’s legal obligations under the Human Rights Act 1998, the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Equality Act 2010.
All training is free of charge and can be booked by contacting [email protected] or 01639 323030.